Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden is DEAD

Osama-Bin-Laden-DEAD-by-Patrick-McQuade-Big






I can't believe the news. Wow, we finally got him. Was so pumped I pulled an all nighter to get this done. "It's a feel good morning in America!" - John "Coach" Karbacz

I know!! You're right, America is not about stuff like this. I kinda shocked myself by doing it, at least this graphically. I started last night around midnight and by 9am this is what I had done. I posted it. What now? This is a very controversial image that I keep going back and forth on. Did I go too far? Yes, I'm a little ashamed of it, but then I think about 9-11 and the towers and the horror of that day, the feeling I had... the people that died. I currently live in Brooklyn, and lived in New York City on 9-11. I'm still kinda paralyzed by it, speechless. Sometimes I go by Ground Zero and just stare and remember... I am not a violent person but I did do this portrait. As an artist I must stand by it. It does go too far, but yes, burn in Hell bin Laden. In doing this I wanted to shatter the image of Osama Bin Laden as a untouchable force, an undefeatable monster, the boogie man - and replace that image with this. I wanted to show him beaten, broken, beheaded like the gorgon Medusa. As a catharsis for myself, for America and the world. For all to see. He is DEAD. Justice has been done.

"Bring me the head of Osama Bin Laden" has been in back of people's minds for a while. This is the realism of that, not pretty. Modeled after Perseus holding up the head of Medusa. Careful, he might turn you into stone.

No comments: