Thursday, June 2, 2011

Art Brut Comic


I was approached by the band Art Brut a couple months ago to do a comic for their upcoming album. Very cool. The new album is really good, came out last week. 10 different artists including Bryan Lee O'Malley (Scott Pilgrim series), Hope Larson ( "Mercury"), Jamie Mckelvie (Brilliant Tragic album illustrator and "Phonogram: Rue Britannia") and Jeff Lemire ( illustrated Satan vs Art Brut) and myself were each to interpret one of the 10 new songs acting as a companion to the release of their new studio album "Brilliant Tragic!" produced by Black Francis. I had total creative freedom to do whatever I wanted. I chose the album's final song "Sealand". It was a blast to do, much more to come about this project. In the meantime, here's a sneak peak...




1 comment:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Love the color contrasts and the quality of the figures against the background.