Tuesday, January 19, 2010

21st Century Style

Howdy - Started to experiment with a new style recently - Bold, black inks and digital coloring. Really digging the results! Love the graphic simplicity. Kinda remind me of Hanna Barbara/Dexter's Laboratory. I'm currently updating ALL Shapes, past and future, like this one below, and Ramburger in title above. Other SHAPES being updated include The Fronyon Man, Rooney Fruits, Scoopy, Dr. Broccoli and Queen Nadya. Opening up a whole new era. I plan on continuing with this style in other projects as well. I've been staunchly old school over the years, but am softening to the digital age of art. Will always create traditionally but this gives me another tool in the toolbox, i think giving my works a 2010 feel. Gotta keep up with industry standards. But besides that, i really find them appealing, so it's a win-win. Much to post in the coming weeks. Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments: